and Brandywine falls:
The Olympic plaza and Whistler:
They both really liked the bear
But really, the absolute highlight for Owen of the Zoo was this tractor. As soon as he saw it he ran for it.
This was the biggest smile he had all day. Forget the giraffes, the lions, the monkeys. Owen's found a tractor!!
After he found the tractor he was done with the rest of the zoo. So Caitlin and Jon took off to see the rest of the animals, and I stayed behind and watched Owen play...for an hour...on the tractor. Other kids would come and go (Owen always quickly got off when another kid wanted a turn), but as soon as they were gone, he'd jump right back on.
After the zoo we checked into our hotel, which had this great view of Lake Union. The kids loved watching the sea planes take off and land. Owen probably would have been content to just stay in the hotel for the rest of our trip because he had lots of boats and planes to look at...
...and he had packed lots of trucks and tractors to play with.
However, I really wanted to go to Seattle Center. So we walked up there and on the walk Owen fell asleep in the stroller. So Jon stayed with him and Caitlin and I went to the Seattle Children's museum
They had an "around the world" type theme with all different shops and houses set up like how they would look in a certain country
But Caitlin ended up spending 90% of her time in the craft room. One craft she made was this bride puppet:
After that, we went for a walk by the space needle:
It was a pretty hot day, so people were out playing in the fountain
How Owen spent his time at Seattle Center:
The next day we decided to go to Wild Waves/Enchanted Village. I didn't realize until I was in the park that I forgot my camera in the car and since we parked like a million miles away (it sure felt like it), I didn't go back to get it. It killed me not being able to take pictures. Anyway, we spent the first three hours there going on rides. Caitlin loved everything, the wilder the better. Owen was MUCH more timid. He only went on a few, very slow rides and would only go if Caitlin was right beside him. By 2pm Owen had fallen asleep again in the stroller, so Caitlin and Jon went to the water park. It was CRAZY busy there, given the fact that it was the hottest day of the year (90 degrees), and they waited 45 minutes just to go down one slide!! After that, they just stayed in the giant wave pool. While Owen napped in the stroller, I parked him in a nice shady spot and relaxed on a beach towel...much more enjoyable in my opinion then dealing with crazy crowds.
After our time in Whistler, we headed back to pick up Caitlin and Owen from my parents house and left Noah behind for a few more nights. We wanted to take the kids to Seattle for a couple of nights, but Noah is just really, really, really busy right now so my parents were willing to watch him so we could enjoy some time with the older 2.
Our first stop was the Woodland Park Zoo. Owen's favorite animals were the penguins
They both really liked the bear
But really, the absolute highlight for Owen of the Zoo was this tractor. As soon as he saw it he ran for it.
After he found the tractor he was done with the rest of the zoo. So Caitlin and Jon took off to see the rest of the animals, and I stayed behind and watched Owen play...for an hour...on the tractor. Other kids would come and go (Owen always quickly got off when another kid wanted a turn), but as soon as they were gone, he'd jump right back on.
After the zoo we checked into our hotel, which had this great view of Lake Union. The kids loved watching the sea planes take off and land. Owen probably would have been content to just stay in the hotel for the rest of our trip because he had lots of boats and planes to look at...
...and he had packed lots of trucks and tractors to play with.
However, I really wanted to go to Seattle Center. So we walked up there and on the walk Owen fell asleep in the stroller. So Jon stayed with him and Caitlin and I went to the Seattle Children's museum
They had an "around the world" type theme with all different shops and houses set up like how they would look in a certain country
But Caitlin ended up spending 90% of her time in the craft room. One craft she made was this bride puppet:
The hotel we stayed in that night had bunk beds for the kids, which they were thrilled about!
For the last day of our trip, I told Caitlin I had a surprise for her that morning. She kept trying to get hints, but I wouldn't budge. We drove up to Alderwood and as we were walking outside toward the mall she really had no idea what was going on...until I pointed out to her the American Girl store. I told her we were going to go in there, and she said "But what are we going to do in there?" And when I told her she was allowed to pick out a doll that she's been saving up for, her eyes got so big and she started to jump up and down!
For the last day of our trip, I told Caitlin I had a surprise for her that morning. She kept trying to get hints, but I wouldn't budge. We drove up to Alderwood and as we were walking outside toward the mall she really had no idea what was going on...until I pointed out to her the American Girl store. I told her we were going to go in there, and she said "But what are we going to do in there?" And when I told her she was allowed to pick out a doll that she's been saving up for, her eyes got so big and she started to jump up and down!
2 comments:
Wow! What a fun trip. :) Looks like great memories were made by the Vk family.
What a fun getaway...sounds like a perfect mix of couple time and family time. Congratulations on 10 years! :)
Post a Comment