Let's start at the very beginning of December...picking out our tree
It was cold. See Noah's pink hat in the next picture? At first I put a Canucks hat on him, but he yanked it off, threw it to the ground and declared loudly "I don't want to wear Uncle Brent's hat!!!!" I guess he associates anything with a Canucks logo on it to his Uncle Brent. So instead he reached into the hat bin and pulled out one of Caitlin's hats and I could not persuade him otherwise. Sometimes you just need to pick your battles.
Anyway, it kind of worked out for the best because all he did the entire time at the tree farm was run away from me, so the bright pink hat made him very easy to spot.
The tree farm we go to makes it pretty easy these days. Once we (Jon) cut down the tree, the workers pick it up, throw it on their little tractor, drive it to our truck and load it all up for us. They even offered to cut it down for us, but that's where I draw the line.
Decorating the tree
Everyday the tree looked worse because Noah was continually rearranging the ornaments
And it's not Christmas without the fire department Christmas party
Playing games
Making crafts
Waiting for Santa
Noah lasted .76 seconds on Santa's lap
Owen wouldn't even go on his lap
Caitlin took her sweet time
Taking a ride on the fire truck
The 6th annual Decorating of the Gingerbread House.
This gingerbread house was one of those pre-assembled ones where all you have to do is squeeze on some frosting and put on the decorations. Once upon a time I swore I would never get one of those, I mean, how lazy could a person be?! But after last years disaster trying to get the walls and roof to stick together, and all of the kids whining that it was taking so long...I turned into one of those lazy people that buy a pre-assembled house.
**I interrupt this Christmas post to show you Radiator Springs, as made by Caitlin and Owen**
Last week the kids were busy playing in Owen's room and they were so excited to show me their creation:
In the center is Sarge raising the flag
Luigi's Tire shop
Fillmore's tent (complete with straws for drinking his organic fuel)
Cozy Cone Motel and Mater's Junkyard:
**Back to Christmas**
Christmas Eve at home
(I was videotaping most of it, so I only have a couple pictures!)
Christmas Eve at the VK's
This is half of the kids that were there:
Noah's gift was this set of 8 puzzles
He immediately got to work, the boy loves puzzles!
Christmas chaos
Christmas morning at home
My kids get pretty excited about candy.
Christmas Day at the VD's
Moose Ears!
If I had to guess, Noah was most likely saying "to infinity and beyond!" when I took this picture
Let's all take a moment to gaze upon these beautiful stockings made by my mom.
Caitlin's is more like a Christmas tube sock. Every year when I see these I could die laughing. It just never gets old. (Sorry Mom, you know I love them!! It wouldn't be Christmas without all of us laughing at the stockings:)
After opening all of the gifts, we had a couple of hours to relax and play. Here is Grandpa and the boys playing Hungry, Hungry Hippos:
Caitlin and Brent putting a Lego set together
Christmas Night
We all headed over to my Uncle and Aunts for Christmas Dinner
Grandpa and Noah. Noah is eating yet another cookie. I'd say 95% of what he ate that day consisted of cookies and chocolate. And the other 5% was turkey.
Caitlin kept busy with her new fashion design sketch book:
There were 3 dogs there. Noah was obsessed with them, Owen was scared to death of them.
Besides eating dinner, we also played some Christmasy games. Note to self: If I ever want to win a game of Christmas Trivia, I need to know more about Santa's reindeer.
It was a fun and memorable Christmas. And since I never did get around to sending out Christmas cards this year, Merry Belated Christmas...and Happy New Year from the VK's
1 comment:
Oh, you always make me laugh with your posts! I have to say, I love seeing a WHOLE family picture and no, not the one with the moose ears, though that did make me laugh! The kids did a great job on the Cars display, shows lots of creativity. And I disagree with the assessment of the gingerbread house people, I prefer to think of myself as smart for getting the pre-assembled houses, not lazy. I went crazy the one year I had to assemble one, never again!
Post a Comment