The following are scientific experiments by Noah, age 12 months. First a hypothesis was made and then tested. All of the testing was done in the last week. After each hypothesis are some follow up comments and observations made by Noah for his peers.
Hypothesis #1: IF I bang a can of Sprite on the floor over and over again, then it will eventually explode and spray like a geyser all over my Mom's kitchen.
Yup, this works. It's best to bang the can of pop on the floor while your mom is on the phone and is therefore distracted. However, if you want to test this theory, be prepared to have to listen to your mom complain about how much work it is to clean up the sticky, messy pop (I didn't think it was such a big deal...it only sprayed all over the floor, kitchen cabinets, baseboards, fridge and stove).
Hypothesis #2: IF I pull on the cord of a crock pot that is on a shelf approximately 1 1/2 feet from the ground, then the crock pot will fall to the ground and shatter into a million pieces.
Well, I was almost right on this one. The crock pot did fall to the ground, but it only broke into 3 pieces, not a million like I originally thought. But still, I rendered it useless. I recommend you try this by very quietly sneaking into the kitchen while your mom is cleaning up the mess you made in the living room. Trust me, the sound on the crock pot crashing to the floor will make her run to you! Bonus points for making a big gash in the wood floors.
Hypothesis #3: IF I cry loudly in the middle of the night, then my mom will eventually come and get me.
Hmmm....for some reason I cannot seem to prove this theory correct. It may have to do with the fact that my mom seems to think that I am old enough to sleep through the night. She's told me many times that there are babies out there that sleep through the night at a month or two. I overhear her all the time complaining to dad about the fact that she never had one of those kinds of babies. Anyway, I really want to prove my hypothesis so I think I will continue to wake up in the middle of the night for at least a couple of more months.
Hypothesis #4: IF my mom decides she needs to go to the grocery store without kids and leaves dad in charge, then I will finally be able to get into the cupboard under the sink to try out one of those liquid soap dishwasher tablets (gel pacs) that look so tasty.
Yup, this one sure did work. You see, if you really want to get into something that your mom normally won't let you get into, all you have to do is wait until she is gone. Then, once dad turns on the "big game" (which could be basketball, football, hockey...whichever, it really doesn't matter), he'll be distracted and you can pretty much get away with anything!! Anyway, I don't know why I wanted to try and eat those dishwasher gelpacs for so long, they really weren't that tasty. Oh, and when Mom came back from the store dad was a little annoyed with mom for keeping them stored under the sink where a baby could get them. And mom just replied that there's something to be said for parental supervision.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HILARIOUS!!! I love this post.
Haha, I can just imagine these all would have been a blast!
Post a Comment