At least he was smart enough to use his blanket as a pillow.
Friday, January 13, 2012
Sleep
We've had some sleeping issues with Noah lately. It all started a little bit before Christmas when he jumped out of his crib for the first time. I was so scared he would do it again and hurt himself so anytime he woke up in the middle of the night I would rush up to get him (actually, truth be told, I'd rush to nudge Jon up so he could go get him). Then he got a really bad cold and I would have felt like a neglectful mother if I just left him all sick and upset in his crib, so once again Jon would take care of him and get him back to sleep. BUT now he is nice and healthy again and has not attempted getting out of his crib since the first incident. So we decided that when he wakes up in the middle of the night that we will just leave him to fall back asleep on his own. Sounds easy enough, right? HA! If there is one thing that Noah is, it's that he is a fighter. And so last night when he woke up we left him and he wasn't too happy about that. But he finally did fall asleep. When I went to go check on him, this is what I found:
Yup, he had fallen asleep standing up!! It just looked so pitiful and sad so I attempted to lay him down, which in turn woke him up again. But this time he just cried for a couple of seconds and I figured he just remained where I put him....wrong!! My second time to check him, he was back to his former sleeping position:

At least he was smart enough to use his blanket as a pillow.
At least he was smart enough to use his blanket as a pillow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Its hard to believe that he can hold himself up when he is sound asleep!! I sure hope that he will soon discover that sleeping lying down is a lot nicer... and will be a lot nicer for Mom and Dad too.
Ahaha this is awesome. Reminds me of how I used to fall asleep in front of the bedroom door and dad would have to figure out how to push it open without waking me up to put me back into bed. Good times ;)
Post a Comment