Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July

Fourth of July Parade
The kids waiting for more candy to be thrown out
 Let's be honest, all the excitement of a parade for kids is the candy and goodies that are thrown out. 
Owen hit the jackpot with a couple of footballs that were thrown his way
 The two kids on the right wearing the hats were the main competition.  The boys didn't stand a chance against them, but Caitlin was trying pretty hard to get to the candy before they did.

 It finally warmed up enough for the kids to get out on the slip and slide!

 There are always plenty of water fights going on with the neighborhood kids.

Caitlin trying to hide during a water fight
 Noah isn't really into looking at the camera these days...so here Caitlin is trying to help him:)

 Caitlin reading to her brothers:

 We also celebrated Owen's 5th Birthday.  I let him pick out which color frosting and sprinkles he wanted for his cake and let him decorate it. 

Chilling out before the guests arrive
The kids all just kind of ran around the whole time.  There were a lot of boys, so there was a lot of play fighting.


 The cake.  I know, so fancy, right?
Caitlin convinced Owen that he needed some tractors on the cake (even though i'm pretty sure he really didn't care), so she arranged some tractors around it.




 Owen really is just the most huggable, lovable kid.  He has the sweetest personality and is so easygoing.  He is calm, caring and wouldn't hurt a fly.  He plays so well and keeps himself entertained.  He says the funniest things.  He doesn't adapt well to new situations and doesn't like to be left alone.  He loves to help me bake and loves to be read to.  Every night when I put him to bed he says the same thing..."Mom, I have to tell you something" and then I have to say "what is it Owen?" and he'll tell me "I love you so much"  I mean, is there any better way to end the day?
 I love this boy so much, too.

We spent a few days up at my parents house and had another little party for Owen. 
Cake made by his Aunt Lisa





Jon, Caitlin, Owen and I went on a little overnight trip to Cultus Lake (Noah stayed with my parents).  We spent one day at the waterslides.  It was a perfect 87 degrees that day and not too busy.  Caitlin went on every slide there, except the free fall slide. Jon and Caitlin spent most of the day together getting as much sliding in as they could.  Owen was more my speed and we just kind of took it easy.


At first all Owen wanted to do was watch people go down the slides

And he was very fascinated with this conveyer belt style thingy that brought all the rafts to the top of the slide.

But after awhile he was ready to get in the water.  He spent the first couple of hours playing in the toddler area with all of the one and two year olds! Ha!


He loved this slide.  And I loved watching him laughing and having fun.



Owen got a little braver and went on some of the bigger kiddie slides.

For dinner we went out to White Spot once I realized that my kids have never had a pirate pack...which seemed so wrong! I grew up on these things!

The next day we went to the lake.  And no, we didn't camp.  That also seemed so wrong since this was where I would camp for 2 weeks almost ever summer growing up.  But it was just a quick trip. 

The simple joy of throwing rocks into the lake.





Lastly, we went mini golfing.  There may or may not have been some cheating involved.



It was a fun little getaway and was very relaxing since I didn't have to run after Noah the whole time!

2 comments:

Michael and Pauline said...

I cannot get over how much Caitlin looks like you!! And Owen is just he sweetest- sounds a lot like my Aiden!

Unknown said...

Nice blog and very cool children......


Usmle Step 2 Books