Wednesday, September 5, 2012

August

 
August was a decent month, weather wise.  We even got into the high 80's one weekend.  The kids spent a lot of time doing this: 










 We also went to my cousins wedding in August.
 It took us like 20 minutes to try and figure out how to pay for parking since there is pay by phone parking now in downtown Vancouver.  I guess there was a lot of talk about getting parking tickets, because Owen grabbed his pen and pad of paper and started writing out his own tickets.
We never did figure out how to pay by phone, so we had to find a different place to park like a mile away from the wedding. It sure made me appreciate all of the vast, free parking lots that I live by.
 Besides that, the wedding was great.  I loved watching my kids dance.
 You should have seen some of the moves that Owen had. Oh, how he makes me laugh.


One night we went over to a friends beach house.  There was a dog there and Noah was obsessed with her.  He would follow the dog around everywhere she went. Owen was absolutely terrified of the dog.  I mean completely, ridiculously, terrified.  I don't know how 2 brothers could be any more different.

Jon and the kids all got to go on a boat ride to pull up the crab pots.  They all loved it and even got to see some sea lions. 



 Noah ate way too many chips and salsa that night.  The boy loves salsa.


We also took the boys to Woodland Park Zoo (Caitlin was at Grandma and Grandpa's house getting spoiled)
 The penguins are always a hit



 Owen found the tractor!



 One weekend we made a quick trip to the county fair.  Noah would go right up to any animal.
 Owen, always the timid one.  Noah, fearless.




Caitlin started 2nd grade last week!! She was SO ready to go back to school.  She pretty much told me all summer that she'd rather be at school than on summer break. 
She is also really into side ponytails.   

So that was our August in a nutshell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved the photos of August, but am now wondering where September, October and soon November are?
Always looking out for more photos!!