Sunday, July 19, 2009

Owen turns 2!!!

We celebrated Owen's 2nd birthday last night with lots of family and friends.

Owen didn't really want to make a big deal out of it: ...but his mom did...so get ready for lots of pictures!!

Of course, it's not a good party without lots of food. Since I was so busy getting the food all ready I wasn't able to make sure Owen was eating a well-balanced meal. I'm pretty sure the only thing he ate for dinner was watermelon, since every time I stopped to take a picture, that was what was in his mouth!!

Here he's even trying to eat the rind...but after one bite he gave up on that idea.


Even after I cut him off from eating more watermelon, I caught him in the act of trying to sneak some more from the table:


Caitlin with her cousins in the bouncy house:


Owen got his turn at the pinata first. We'll work on his bat swinging skills in the future (and that's a basketball in case you couldn't tell!!!).


Cousin D's up to bat:


Taylor's turn:


It was a mad dash for the candy:

Goofy girls:

When it was time to open presents, Owen went straight to this Tonka truck, threw out the wrapped gift that was in it, and took off with the truck:





We somehow managed to peel him away from the truck to open the rest of the presents:



And lastly, it was dessert time. I made a jersey cake and basketball cupcakes to go along with the sports-themed party:


Blowing out the candles:


Watermelon for dinner and cake for dessert...

I know Owen had a fun time!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome job !!!the cake looked amazeing!!cupcakes too!!!bravo :)
And happy 2 birthday too owen from auntie Nicole!!

Teresa said...

Loved your cakes!

julia said...

wow that went fast it doesn't seem too long ago I saw you trying to walk around Home Depot when you were pregnant;) great job on the cake very cute

Rachael said...

Great party! You'll have to tell me how to make the jersey shirt cake. I made those cupcakes before but yours look more like basketballs than mine did. Did you make the pinata too? You're an awesome mom! Looks like Owen had fun.