Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Picking Strawberries

This morning I took the kids to a U-pick strawberry field. As soon as we were out of the car the kids were off and running with excitement!

I showed them what a good strawberry looks like and, bless her heart, Caitlin tried very hard to pick only good ones


And she did a pretty good job (but, wow, she was slow)


I really didn't think Owen would be all that interested in picking, but I was SO WRONG!


He was very good at picking strawberries...just not very good at picking the right kind of strawberries (notice how tiny-and white-some of his strawberries were):


We went to the Sakuma Bros. Farm and they also have a bunch of things for kids to do there besides picking strawberries. When they saw this area with a bunch of ride-on toys, they were off and running again:




If you know Owen, you know he loves tractors and he loves ride-on toys. I don't know if there's any place he would have rather been. Who needs Disneyland when you can have this:


There was also a sandbox with toys:


And lastly, we were able to go on a little tractor ride. Owen was a little scared of it, so I sat in one of these barrels with him on my lap. And can I just say, these barrels are not meant for adults to sit in, especially with an almost 2-year-old child on your lap. But we made it work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.