Wednesday, August 26, 2009

She's one crafty girl

Caitlin loves to make crafts. Everyday she is working at the table (not always 'crafting', but sometimes just coloring or drawing). Literally, hours and hours each week she spends at the table. So this morning we went to check out the craft store, and we totally hit the jackpot at Michael's (Caitlin's favorite store). There were a bunch of craft kits marked 80-90% off! I realize this may not be exciting for everyone, but it was for Caitlin and I! So I limited myself (and Caitlin) and told her she could pick out three craft kits (and it only cost me $3 total!). This afternoon she chose to work on this one: (which is not worth $10...but it is worth 0.99!)


Working hard:




The finished project: (it's a happy face)

For some reason, this picture is not posting the right way up, but if you turn your head to the right, maybe you can see it better. Anyway, the other day Caitlin brought me this picture that she finished drawing. As usual, it's always a fun guess to what it is she drew...so...look at it...any guesses??

It's a pregnant turtle. Can you see that little face in the turtles tummy?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow ! A turtle, I am not sure that I would of figured out the baby part. Caitlin has a good eye for art. Love the Happy Face. I don't think I would have been able to limit myself to only three! At least five, maybe sayed some for a rainy day.
Mom

McJason's said...

Oh, that girl! A pregnant turtle? So cute!

I would of guessed a person sitting in a chair, but now that I really look at it, it is quite apparent that it is a pregnant turtle. Of course.....why would we think anything different?