Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First day of school

Today was Caitlin's first day of school. She's had her outfit picked out for a good week now...

This morning at home time went by really slow for Caitlin (she didn't have to be at school until 11am). Every few minutes she would ask me "Is it time to go yet?" And when it finally was time to leave, the whole drive over to the school she was saying things like "why are you driving so slow, mom?" (I wasn't) or "When are we going to get there?" Yeah, she was a little excited.

When I say it was her first "day" of school, I really mean it was her first "30 minutes" of school, because that's as long as she was there today (and Jon and I were with her the whole time).

She was there to find her hook in the hallway:
And to find her bin in the classroom where she will keep all her school supplies:


And to find her seat in the classroom:



The kids got to draw a picture while the teacher went over some information for the parents:


And that was it! Her first 30 minutes of school. Tomorrow she will have her first real "day" of school!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caitlin looks so ready for school. I hope she has a wonderful year!!
Grandma

McJason's said...

SO exciting!!! I tried to pop by to say "hi", but I didn't know they weren't coming until later in the day. Glad to hear that it went well! And, her outfit is darling....good choice, C'. :)

Oh....and sorry we missed you at the back to school party last night. J' didn't get done working on time, and thankfully I had a back up plan.... pot roast in the crock pot.

Anonymous said...

Well doesn't she look like a happy little girl, sitting at her table. She looks ready to learn! Nice dress Caitlin (heehee). Have a good year. Auntie Lisa