Friday, February 11, 2011

Caitlin turns 6

This past Tuesday Caitlin turned 6!!! She has been wanting a "pillow pet" forever, so I finally got her one.


She really wanted to have a "princess party" but she also has a lot of neighborhood friends who are boys and since 6 year old boys want nothing to do with princesses, I decided to have 2 small parties. A princess party for the girls and a lego/starwars party for the neighborhood kids.



The princess party table all set up:


And the princess cake

The girls played games...


Ate lunch...

and made crafts...


And from the neighborhood party:

Opening presents

Eating dinner...

Playing "hot potato"

On her actual birthday, we had both sets of grandparents over for dinner, so Caitlin pretty much had a week-long celebration of her birthday!!

Caitlin is now over half way though Kindergarten. She loves school, and she is always excited to go. She is doing very well and her most recent report card showed that she is "excelling" in every area of school! She really loves math, but the math she does in school is very simple for her (pretty much just counting and learning to write numbers) so I write out lots of math problems for her to do at home. Math was always my least favorite subject, so she is definitely taking after Jon in this area! She is also reading quite well and many times I will find her and Owen sitting together on the couch with Caitlin reading a book out loud to him - it's one of my favorite things!


Last week at school they had "wacky tacky" day, and I let her decide what she wanted to wear. This is what she chose:

Not much different than a normal day for her, but whatever. She also wanted three ponytails, so I did her hair like this:
Caitlin's favorite things to play with these days are lego, playmobil and baby dolls. She will play in her room alone for hours some days. The other day I found this in her room:


She also likes to do crafts. Lots and lots of crafts.
Caitlin finally lost her first tooth a couple of weeks ago during church!!
Caitlin is the BEST big sister. She takes such good care of both of her brothers. Today she was singing a song to Noah, and it went something like this:
Oh Noah, I just love you so much, so, so, so much.
I love you more than a zillion.
Everybody loves you Noah.
Oh Noah, I love you.
You are such a cutie-pie.
You are cuter than my little pony
And on and on it went.

Happy 6th Birthday to my sweet girl!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where has the years gone..She is such a big girl now. I am sure she enjoyed her many parties.
Grandma

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to the princess! Her birthday was fun and everyone was very excited!! Caitlin is an active and quick learner! signed the aunt that "is an actual teacher." As Caitlin likes to tell people:) P.S I love the photos!!