Thursday, June 9, 2011
A lemonade stand
Caitlin really, really wants an American Girl doll. I told her there's no way I am spending $100 on a doll that I'm not even convinced that she will play with all that much. So I told her (back in January) that if she wanted on, she'd have to earn all the money herself. Well, she's taken that task very seriously. She's a little over half way to her $100 (it sure helps that her grandma slips her a $5 bill every once in awhile), and is always looking for opportunities to make money (remember the painted rocks? Surprisingly, she didn't make any money on that one). However, this past week she wanted to have a lemonade stand. It was the hottest day of the year (which means it reached 70 degrees, not exactly *hot*) and we set it out during "rush hour" (when all the neighbors are coming home from work). She ended up selling 12 glasses and making about $5.
Owen drank away a lot of the potential profit:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment