We had lots of snowy days this past week, Caitlin had the entire week off of school because of it.
I tried to find things to keep the kids busy since we were house-bound. I remembered when I was a kid and I'd freeze ice cubes with food coloring outside and then make "ice sculptures" with them. Little did I know that the act of filling up the ice cube trays with the colored water would be the big, exciting activity for the kids!
It was great having Caitlin around all week. She's really sweet to her brothers. One afternoon she convined Owen to play dolls with her (not that it was all that hard to convince Owen since he's such a follower and will do whatever Caitlin tells him to)
Caitlin really wanted to make s'mores one day, and so we did (using the oven as our way to roast the marshmallows)
Caitlin spent a lot of time reading to herself and her brothers:
And, of course, we played outside!
2 comments:
Snowy days are always exciting, snow is so nice to play in tell you get too cold. Looks like the they had a wonderful time playing! Great photos!!
Grandma
Wow! What fun you had. I wonder what the ice cube sculptures looked like? I wish I could have played in the snow instead of teaching every day! Oh, by the way nice snow shovel! Way to put the kids to work, you had some fun ideas. Is your snow gone? Lisa
Post a Comment