Saturday, April 18, 2009

Trip to the zoo

Given Owen's obsession with animals, and the fact that it was a nice, sunny day today and we had nothing pressing to take care of at home, Jon and I decided to take the kids to the zoo this afternoon.

Owen was fascinated with all of the animals:
We took along our wagon, which was a lifesaver!
Snacktime!
These kids look like trouble...I wonder who their parents are?
Caitlin took it upon herself to direct us where to go using her trusty map...
It was so funny watching her walk around, constantly looking to the map and telling us where she thought we should go:
Checking out the giraffes:
Best moment of the day: We were looking at the monkey exhibit and Owen was trying to imitate them...here is one of the many, many faces he was making:
Can someone tell Caitlin that she's looking the wrong way...the animals are on the other side of the fence (I'm pretty sure she spent more time people-watching, than looking at animals)
Caught her again watching people rather than animals:
A sampling of animals we saw:



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the picture of Owen making a monkey face!! Too cute!

McJason's said...

What a fun way to spend Saturday! I love your little "garmin" and monkey shots, too.

Rebecca said...

So cute! Your little comments about the activities are too funny, I feel like I was there! Hope you had a fun time, that's a good way to spend a sunny afternoon.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Caitlin and Owen had a wonderful time at the zoo. Good Photos of the animals, love the ape family photo...
Glad to see you got to enjoy one of the first nice Saturdays!
Mom