Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Our Staycation

It's been a busy time for us lately. Last Tuesday I brought the kids up to my parents house so that I could go along with Jon to Oregon (he had to go there for work). Saturday morning we headed back up to B.C. to pick up the kids and stayed a few extra days there to do some "day trips." Here are some pictures of what we were up to. Notice how all of our activites involved water...it was hot, and we loved it!!

One afternoon we went to a water park. Caitlin enjoyed it...Owen, not so much:

For some reason Owen didn't seem to like water spraying at him. He'd much rather climb the fence:




Yesterday morning we took a trip to Cultus lake. I've spent many'a childhood summer vacations at this lake, and it was a lot of fun to go back there. Both of the kids loved it there.


I was trying to show the kids how to make a sandcastle:


Working together after their lesson from me:


Caitlin and Jon hanging out:

It amazes me how a couple of buckets, water and sand can keep kids amused for so long.


This is all Owen wanted to do...fill up the cup with wet sand and rocks, and then dump it out all over himself.


After about an hour of the above activity, he decided to go ahead and plop himself down right here in the middle of what used to be the sandcastle:


After lunch, we decided to go to the waterslides by the lake.


Caitlin went down much bigger slides, but I didn't get any pictures because I didn't have my camera handy.

When we got to the waterpark, Jon said he wasn't going to go down this slide, but only one person needed to call him a "chicken" and he did it in a heartbeat:

5 comments:

Teresa said...

We haven't been to Cultus for a few years, we used to go to the Thousand Trails there. Travis grew up going there every year, I think he misses it. Maybe when Gretchen is sleeping through the night....:)

Anonymous said...

We've never been to Cultus Lake but have heard that it's great. I can't believe Jon went down that big old slide.......those are just too scary for me and Kev. Tell Jon he's brave! Love the pic of the water spraying on Caitlin's face....cute!

Rachael said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Great pics!

McJason's said...

Wow! That looks like a fun trip. Maybe I'll convince J' to take the family there someday:).

I love the picture of J' and C' on the dock. . . very sweet!

Rebecca said...

Looks like you've been a busy family! Those are all cute pictures. I am very impressed with Jon for going down the big slide, that would've been much too big for me! And I also love the one of Jon & Caitlin on the dock. They look like they're having a real bonding moment and she looks so grown-up in it. Glad you've had such great weather for your activities and hope you had a fun time in Oregon.