Friday, November 28, 2008

A fun afternoon

It was suppose to be a quiet day at home today. Jon had the day off and we were hoping to get some work done outside the house (like putting up Christmas lights!) but it was just too rainy outside and we couldn't get motivated to go out there. In the morning while I cleaned up, Caitlin worked on decorating the leftover cookies from last night, so now I have a tray full of frosted sugar cookies staring me down every time I walk into the kitchen...not good. Anyway, by 2 in the afternoon we were all starting to feel like the walls were caving in around us and so Jon and I decided to take the kids to a local indoor playground (We wanted to avoid all stores...I'm just not into the whole after-thanksgiving shopping). The kids had SO much fun there - and Jon and I did too. We haven't been there for several months and the last time we were there Caitlin was afraid to go down any of the really big slides (like the 'black hole'). We were a little surprised this time that she had no fear at all when it came to the big slides. In fact, that's all she wanted to do...over and over and over again! Owen enjoyed the little toddler area where he could climb to his hearts content. We certainly wore them out this afternoon, and they were both ready for bed earlier then usual tonight!

1 comment:

McJason's said...

What a fun afternoon! I bet the kids enjoyed Jungle Playland much more that they would have enjoyed "Black Friday!"