Thursday, February 19, 2009

These boots were made for walking

With the weather being so nice this week (for February!) we have been spending a lot of time outside in the afternoons. It's still pretty wet out in our backyard and so Owen's one and only pair of shoes have been getting kind of dirty. So today I thought I would just dig out an old pair of Caitlin's boots for Owen to wear. When I first put them on Owen, he just stood there for a couple of minutes staring down at his feet as if to say "Mom, what are you doing to me?" I was laughing so hard and quickly ran into the house to go get my camera. By the time I returned Caitlin had snapped Owen out of his trance by showing him a ball:He was very unsteady in the boots, and when he tried to walk in the grass he kept falling down. It didn't take him long to realize it was much easier to walk on the pavement. He was playing quite happily on the patio until...

Uh-oh, the ball rolled onto the grass!! What will he do?? (Well, he first looked sadly at his mom for help...but I was too busy taking pictures and laughing at his predicament...aren't I mean?)

Can't you just see the internal dilemma this boy is going through? He wants the ball so bad, but refuses to take a step onto the grass:
Keep reaching...you're getting so close:Yes! He got it!
After awhile, Owen got over his fear of walking in the grass with the pink boots:


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I can hear you laughing like a maniac, poor boy! I think we'd better start buying Caitlin more neutral coloured items for Owen to grow into from now on. The poor guy has worn enough pink in his life already!! I must say you took some great "action" shots of Owen and his dilemma, well done. That boy will always find a way to solve his problems one way or another. Auntie Lisa

Rachael said...

Ha, ha. That's hilarious. Kids are so funny! What a cutie!

Rebecca said...

What a saga! It's good for a boy to wear a little pink... =) Nicky only uses pink burpcloths since we don't have any blue ones. That was quite a cute story... I can see Owen's dilemma!

McJason's said...

That is hilarious! At least O' is in touch w/his feminine side. His daddy would be so proud (as would his uncle J.)
And yes, I can just picture you cracking up while taking pictures...kind of makes me laugh just thinking about it:).
Auntie S.

Anonymous said...

I can hear your laughter all the way over here! Too cute!