Monday, September 29, 2008

Kittens!

This past weekend Jon asked me if I thought we should get some kittens, as there were a bunch of them over at his parents house that needed a home. So I (not a cat person) reluctantly agreed since I knew Caitlin would have fun with them. More importantly, they are suppose to serve a purpose as mice-eaters. I told Jon I would be fine with two...he brought home four (thanks again, Jon). Caitlin is in L-O-V-E with the kittens, she cannot leave them alone. I told her she needs to give them names, but she just prefers to call them all "Sweetie". Three of them look identical, so it's probably better if they all have the same name anyway. Owen doesn't seem all that impressed with the kittens. If they get close to him, he usually just pushes them away. We will see how long they last here. We've had kittens before and they all just seem to "disappear." On a side note, we also have a lot of coyotes around here.




4 comments:

McJason's said...

Yippee! I think I have one of the "sister" cats over here, too.

Here's hoping that they last...heehee!
Auntie S

Anonymous said...

Hi Catherine! I found your blog via Rachael at Blue Skies and Butterflies. So, I'll be checking in on ya all the time!! Your pics are adorable, the kids are cute to begin with anyways. I LOVED the poem your wrote about Owen, very creative! -Marmee

Anonymous said...

Can we come over and play with them? =) Sounds like Caitlin's enjoying herself. At least they are entertaining her!

Anonymous said...

lovein your blog!!!
i have a cat now too..strictly indoor due to shes deaf!
miss you all!
nicole