Friday, September 26, 2008

Learning to write

Each day I spend some time with Caitlin doing 'school work.' She is very diligent in her work and is continually impressing me with what she knows. Lately she has taken a great interest in writing out words. She will tell me a word she wants to write out, and then I will spell it for her out loud, and she will write it down.

Here she is learning her numbers with a work book

And here is what she wrote out yesterday. On the left is a birthday card that she made for her friend, Grace (You can click on the picture to make it bigger). On the right is a 'grocery list' that she made (oranges, book, goldfish, banana, block).
I'm sure this is what most 3-year olds are capable of, but I'm her mom, so I think she is a child genius!

5 comments:

Angela said...

As a mother of a three year old I will say that your three year old is definitely advanced in her writing skills. That is awesome. Are you going to put her in preschool?

amy said...

No way! I don't believe she wrote that! It's really a five year old's writing right?
Ethan is no where near this and he does "school work" every day too (because everyone else is).
Great job Caitlin!

McJason's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
McJason's said...

Smart girl! She IS a genius!
ps...thanks for coming last night "Auntie C."
Auntie S

Anonymous said...

Ah...see the work pays off!! I have a teacher here at school willing and interested in testing the genius to see how high her IQ really is she predicts big numbers! Keep up the good work teacher Catherine!