Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Po-em for Ow-en

This here people, is poetry at its finest.

At birth you weighed almost ten pounds-what a chubby
‘How’d we get such a big baby’ I said to my hubby
The first few weeks all you seemed to do was sleep
You were definitely a baby I wanted to keep!
You are the easiest baby I’ve ever had
(but I’m comparing you to Caitlin, so the competition is bad)
And now, a year later, you’re my favorite little boy
Who likes to play with his John Deere toy
You’re so content and easygoing
And the drool from your mouth is ever-flowing
Now you’re walking all over the place
You should see the happy look on your face
But I won’t act like everything’s peachy-keen
Those diapers of yours are a sight to be seen!
You get all mad when something doesn’t go your way
For your mom, that can make for one REALLY long day
Even through all those dirty diapers and cries
You’re still my boy with the biggest blue eyes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was never a poem so true,
about a boy with eyes so blue.
grandma

Angela said...

Catherine....first of all I can't believe that you had a 10 pound baby....where in the world did you store him? Secondly, that is the cutest poem ever. I had tears welling up in my eyes. Very cute.

Anonymous said...

good job! Good job getting the blog up...and look at you with the poetry writing! way to go! girl...you got some skill!!!