There are 2 things I don't want in my house: bugs and mice. This past week we had both. The mice we were able to catch with a mouse trap, but the "bug" wasn't one in which you could get rid of with a swat of a shoe...you see, it was the "stomach bug." Owen and Caitlin got hit pretty bad, poor kids. Let's just say that I changed a lot of Owen's diapers, did lots of laundry and scrubbed lots of floors. But now the worst has passed, the kids are eating again, and we're getting back to normal. I don't want any more visits from bugs or mice.
(Oh, and if it sounds like I took things lightly about that fact that we had some mice in our house, let me set the record straight: I did not. I have a ridiculous fear of mice, especially when they are in my house. But we live in a old farmhouse surrounded by fields, and mice are just a fact of life around here. Those cats of ours need to start doing a better job of catching mice!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I hear you Catherine. Mice are disgusting. Every evening when I am sitting on the couch I have one ear listening to the kitchen on the off chance that I may hear some noise signaling the start of winter...and the start of me not sleeping because of my irrational fear that a mouse is going to run across my bed at night....yuck. Anyway, I am glad to hear you caught the dirty little creep and that your kids are feeling better.
I'm glad the mice are gone for now. Sorry to hear the kids were sick all week- no fun! I hope they're over the worst of it. No news on anything here...
I don't like bugs (of any kind) or mice either. Glad both are gone. We've never had a mouse in our house (yet)...I don't know what I would do...probably freak out! As for bugs, we get these creepy white spiders. I even had Joe spray stuff along all the windows and floor boards inside and out and they still are around...yuck!
Glad to hear things are getting back to normal. Let's hope those kitties starting working soon!
Post a Comment