And another thing about Caitlin. For the last few weeks when we are in the car driving, she needs to know what road we are on. If I make a turn she will ask me “what road we on now Mom?” She does this every.single.time we turn. Now when we are driving a familiar route and she knows the name of the road, she will loudly pronounce to every one in the car the name of that road.
Oh, and another thing. Every morning after we are done eating breakfast and cleaning up the dishes, I go upstairs to make the beds. A couple days ago I never got around to making up Caitlin’s bed, and so when she went up there to go get something, she noticed. Caitlin does not like things to be out of order. She’s very much a girl where “there’s a place for everything and everything in its place” (I wonder where she got that from…oh, wait…that would be from me). Anyway, she took it upon her self to make her own bed…and she did a pretty good job! I guess I’ve been underestimating what she’s capable of. But now I’ll be expecting her to make her own bed. (I just need to get over the fact that it won’t be made as perfectly as I’d like it!)
Here is how she made up her bed:

This morning I told her to look through some pictures on the computer and to pick which one she would like me to post on my blog. This was the one she chose. Doesn't Owen look thrilled to be there!
2 comments:
I'm impressed with the bed-making skills. We make Jacob's bed- oh, never- would be accurate. Good to give her some chores to do. Accepting imperfections is difficult, I struggle with it too! At least they're trying... have fun tonight if you go trick-or-treating!
Caitlin is such a smart little girl!
Post a Comment