Saturday, October 18, 2008

Story time

Yesterday I took the kids to Story time at our local library. Before Owen was born Caitlin and I went just about every week, but once Owen came around we couldn't go since story time was during his morning nap time. Now Owen is down to one afternoon nap, and we are able to attend again. We arrived at the library early so that we could check out some books first. It was a disaster. All Owen wanted to do was run free through all the aisles while laughing hysterically. That was cute and fun for about the first 15 seconds. If I tried to hold him, he would scream and want down...as soon as I put him down, he'd run away. I really started to wonder what I was doing there. I figured he would want to run around throughout the actual story time also, but he proved me wrong. Once it started he sat calmly in my lap the entire 40 minutes! So what started as a disaster, ended quite nicely.

Here is Caitlin putting up her "felt piece" on the felt board all by herself (This is a big accomplishment for Caitlin. For the first several months the only way she would go up there is if I went up there with her):
Here she is sitting with her friend, Jacob. The theme of the day was the jungle, and they were pretending to be crocodiles by clapping their arms together:
After story time the librarian opens up the toy/puzzle cupboard for the kids to play:


1 comment:

McJason's said...

Looks like a blast! Thanks for the company on Saturday, and thank you for playing with Maddy.
Auntie S.