Thursday, October 30, 2008

Our day

We finally made it out of the house today for the first time since we got hit with the stomach bug. Our destination? Costco! We stocked up on some essentials and browsed through some aisles for fun. I even had a few comments from people on how well-behaved the kids were while we shopped (if only they could always be that way!). It was nice to get out of the house, even if it was only to shop. Once we were back home I did a little cleaning while the kids played. After lunch I had some baking to do. Jon's birthday is on Saturday and at his work when it's your birthday you are responsible to bring the goodies. So I baked pumpkin spice bars and chocolate caramel bars for Jon to bring to the office tomorrow. Then while Owen was napping Caitlin and I carved out a pumpkin. We grew pumpkins in our garden this year (as we do every year) and we had over 100 of them, but they are a smaller variety. We found the biggest one in the garden to carve out. Next time I think I will invest in some actual pumpkin carving tools...I'm pretty sure a steak knife is not the tool to be using to carve a pumpkin!

Isn't this pumpkin....uh...a thing of beauty?

At least the pumpkin bars look good:


No comments: